Vietnam embassies have been established in more than 50 countries around the world. Applying for a visa with an Austrian Passport is quite a straight forward and streamlined process. For the citizens of Austria there are 3 different ways in which they can apply for a visa of Vietnam.
1. Application made through agents in Austria: There are a lot of travel agents that can arrange a visa of Vietnam for you. The processing fee and the handling charges may wary depending upon each individual agency. You can also search for online visa agents who have a proven track record within the mentioned or promised timeframe.
2. Personal Application at embassy of Vietnam in Austria: This involves in person application to the Vietnam Embassy. The processing fees for this vary depending on where you apply
3. Visa on Arrival: This is the most popular method of applying for a visa. Austrian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival online. It is fast, cheap and easy to get Vietnam visa on arrival, no embassy visiting and queuing. 100% legitimated and approved by Vietnam Immigration Department.
How to get Vietnam Visa on Arrival for Austrian citizens
All Austrian citizens have to go through the mandatory three steps while applying for visa on arrival and they are:
- Filling up the secure online form: This is an application where you fill in yourname, passport number, validity of the passport and arrival dates. After filling up all the mandatory details you proceed to the payment section where you make payment through a secured portal using either an internationally recognized debit or credit card or even PayPal.
- Receipt and printing of the approval letter: After the submission of your online form and payment of the requisite fees, the processing of the application begins. It normally takes up to 2 business days (sometimes shorter if there is a case of urgent visa), to approve the application following which an approval letter (which is a pre-approved visa letter) is sent to your registered email. All then you have to do is to print the document and although a colored print out is preferred it is not mandatory. The next step is to arrange for two passport size photos
- Getting your visa stamped on arrival in Vietnam: On your arrival at any of the international airports in Vietnam namely Noi Bai (HAN) airport in Hanoi city, Tan Son Nhat (SGN) airport in Ho Chi Minh or Saigon city, Cam Ranh (CXR) airport in Nha Trang city and Da Nang (DAD) airport in Danang city, fill up a very simple form and present your approval letter along with your passport and photos and pay for a stamping fee. The entire process is very hassle free and takes less than 15 minutes.
Visa on arrival facility is only available by air and not by land or sea transport to Vietnam.
Resource Box: Whether you are looking for a visa to Vietnam for business or tourism purposes, get swift and secure Vietnam visa on arrival right here.